View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dasitmane

Alcoholic Fatty Liver Reversal Thread

I was recently diagnosed with fatty liver and have been having a hard time finding information as to its duration of reversal, and symptoms seem to be quite short, so I joined to make a thread about it.

Please post only if you have reversed your fatty liver due to alcoholism.

Please list how long it took.
Did you stop drinking?
How much were you drinking?
What supplements did you take?
What were your symptoms and how was it diagnosed?

Hopefully I'm on the right forum for this.

Thanks

I have not reversed mine yet but in a couple months of drastically stopping my drinking and supplements there seems to be a lessening of symptoms.

My symptoms started with sweaty itchy groin, which I assumed was jock itch but would never resolve and I'm sure the fungicides I used were even harder on my liver. I started developing rashes on my shins that were quite bad and itchy and saw ATLEAST 5 doctors about the issue and most just recommended creams. I had blood work done for my liver just incase once as well which came back normal, so i assumed it wasnt that. The last doctor I saw I reasoned with to atleast check my liver and get an ultrasound, which came back as fatty liver, and this time my bloodwork was slightly elevated for ALT, that was 2 years after I had my liver checked and it came back normal, but still had same symptoms. So, finally I knew what was causing the symptoms. I also was getting tired and gaining weight.

I was drinking anywhere between 6-12 beers almost every night for a solid 3 years, and drinking heavy but not every night for atleast 2 years before that.

I drink hardly at all now and when I do its just a few beers typically once a week. Probably shouldn't drink at all. And now I'm taking Milk Thistle and Choline twice daily.