Old 02-19-2017, 07:34 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Sober369

Good morning everyone! Sue, I'm hoping you can nap in the car on the way there. Can you? So sorry. I'm over not being able to sleep already. Now, I am sleeping way too much! But I'm going with it. My body must need it.
I fell asleep trying to watch the news again last night at about 9 and slept until 10 am this morning. Woke up at 6 and started reading and fell right back to sleep. That's after taking and afternoon nap.
I'm hoping this helps me get better faster. I am missing out on following the news, and maybe that's not such a bad thing. It had become almost an obsession, these people in my country, and really all over the world, are just acting so odd, doing things so differently from ever before. And I was putting a lot of thought into all of it. But right now, I need to focus on recovery, so I'm not concerned about falling asleep every time I turn on the news.
One development, the lady who use to be my sponsor and is now my only AA friend wants to apply for the position I have open in my department. I'm going to some meetings but not sure if I'm going to do the whole AA program or not. Haven't ruled it out, just not decided. She's all into AA, which is great for her, she's been sober almost three years doing that. I just wonder how it would affect our friendship. I'd love to hook her up though, she's been working menial jobs all these years and this is a great, fun job.
Loving being sober and not hungover on a Sunday! Hugs and happy day to all.