Thread: Rope Burn
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 09:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SoloMio

I'm traveling on business--I'm clear across the country. My son left me a email asking if I would want him to call his dad and explain why I'm invited and he's not. So thoughtful of him.

AH hasn't mentioned the party, so I honestly don't know if he doesn't remember or thinks he's going or is just shutting it out. I am SO tempted, if he doesn't remember, to just make an excuse and tell him I'm going shopping or something. That would be the easy way. Not sure if it would be the right way--he would not be faced with the consequences of his actions. But he and I would both be spared a bit of heartache.

It is not lost on me that there's a reason I love to travel for business. Right now I'm alone in an airline club at 9:30 on a Thursday night, and frankly, I'm pretty happy. What does it mean when you'd rather be by yourself in an airline club than home?

I bought the baby a little unisex outfit at a wonderful children's clothing boutique in Sausalito. My son and DIL want me and her mother to be the announcers of the gender, which is so great. I will try so hard to live in the moment as many of you have so wisely counseled, but I'm also going to have to feel and recognize some considerable pain.