View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 11:04 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
lizatola

You sound like my BF. He suggested that I start my own business if this doesn't work out. He has all kinds of faith and belief in me, but I looked at him like a deer in the headlights. Honestly, if there's any pressure on me, it comes from within. And, I still have no idea what I would like to do or what my talents are. The only way I'm going to learn is by pushing myself to accomplish one thing at a time, and this test (and the following tests) are a big part of what I see is my bigger plan. I don't have to stay in finance, but I can at least grow and learn through this process.

So, yes, I did sign up for an outside program and paid for their 1300 question test 'bank' along with their mastery test and simulated practice test.
We also have a fantastic study line and I don't think I used their assistance as much as I should have. I intend to start reaching out twice a day to work though problems or think through where I am missing the 'point' of the testing material itself. And, I'm working through the company videos on bonds and options today which were helpful to me the first time around but I forgot to use them on my second time around.

I also was encouraged to reach out to our EAP program with the company to help me with test anxiety. A friend of mine who failed it the first time said she really got a lot of support and help from them and she felt it helped her pass.