View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by steve-in-kville View Post
Yeah, this is most likely a large part of my problem. Gotta figure everything out on my own.

they the line "you dont have a drinking problem you have a thinking problem" comes to mind. I know i was pretty far gone in my thoughts.

to tomsteves point I know for me i had to get up every day and start the sobriety process all over again it seemed like. every day it took a great deal of work and effort to do what i had to do in order to remain sober. I can see how one could sorta subconciously just wonder into a liquor store get a bottle and drink. I could see myself getting complacent and doing something like that I guess I just try to keep the finger on the pulse of my alcoholism each day so that I dont wonder off and do soemthing like that or slip down a slippery slope etc...

many days in the beginning i felt where crap and crappier cuase i couldnt sovle them with booze. now I just realize that some days are just crap the booze part of the equation is irrelevant. The only thing booze will do to a crap day is make it crappier. and to a good day make it crappier. I guess the point is in the begining there was a lot of "UGG IF ONLY I COULD JUST DRINK !!! GRRRR" now that really doesnt happen and if it does its a fairly mild sensation that is easily just shrugged off.