View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 07:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
lizatola

At this point, you guys, I don't even know WHAT I want. As I noted before, I don't know what abilities I have or what I'm even capable of. I was in finance long before my bf was in this area. I had my licensing 20 years ago. There is no reason I can't go for a job that I don't know I want in the meantime to at least further my chance of getting better pay.

the reason he pushed me towards this was because I hated, and I mean hated, where I was at before and every job I interviewed for I seemed overqualified or under qualified. He always offered me an out and let me know that the decision was always mine.

I chose to do this because it made sense. I knew that if I failed starting a career off, I could at least use the licensing to add to my resume and make me more marketable. Plenty of companies want you if you have your insurance, securities, and securities law licenses. It doesn't have to be a definitive career path, just something to help me get out of debt and to get some real job experience that is viable.

This is necessary, whether I want this as a career path or not. Because if you asked me what I wanted to do, I'd tell you, "I have no freaking clue!" The world is very different than when I was working 20 years ago. I'm at a loss.