Thread: Coming alive
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 08:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jojay

Coming alive

Hi everyone.Hope you are well and moving forward in your sobriety.3 or so weeks ago,I had the miseries and received much good advice and support from your replies.I really had to put my thinking cap on,to figure out what triggered my 'then'low mood.And realized that it was a very uncomfortable conversation with a guy who attends the same Church as myself.He had gotten into the habit of thinking I was easy prey for his opinionated rantings,after our service ends and we have coffee and fellowship.Obviously I couldn't be rude or speak My mind,as in 'You are bothering me,go bother someone else',as its a Church!But suppressing my natural instinctive reactions had troubled me and for a while I thought I was heading backwards,not forward in my recovery,brain function wise.Anyhow,I make sure to sit inbetween other folk at Church now!And made the pastor aware of why.9 mths into my recovery now and each day just gets better than the previous.My question is this.Does anyone else ever feel hesitant to behave naturaly in every day life?Even though you know your well and truely on the mend?