View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 08:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
anyak313

Auditory hallucinations

Hey everyone! So as of this morning I've been sober 31 days (yay for me). I was wondering if anyone else experienced auditory hallucinations. I haven't in awhile but I remember the first time it happened. I was staying over a friends house for a week because i was dog/house sitting. It was the middle of the night and i woke up to go to the bathroom. As I was falling back asleep, all of a sudden i heard what sounded like a gunshot going off either in my head or right next to my ear and it was LOUD. I know for a fact that i wasn't dreaming because i hadn't even fallen asleep yet. I was too afraid to fall back asleep. This happened several more times over the course of a few months and for some reason i didn't think that maybe it was the massive amounts of alcohol i was consuming that was causing this. Another thing that often happened to me while i was drinking was as i would fall asleep i would suddenly be JOLTED awake. The only way i can describe it is when you're falling asleep and sometimes you get that feeling that you're falling off a cliff or something and it wakes you up for about a second. Except for me this went on all night. It was like my body wouldn't let me fall asleep. It was exhausting. Of course once I drank this would stop. Anyway I guess the point im getting at is that im so happy i don't have to worry about all that anymore!