View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Incontrol15

I too needed two drinks just to get out if bed. I don't get the value of having two drinks at all. Might as well make it two drops spread two months apart.

Gotta say though... Feels great feeling that way. I remember early in my sobriety that two drinks might be exactly what I was looking for.

The old "just one won't hurt" thoughts were fairly regular. Thank God there comes a point where "just one" sounds horrible or makes no sense whatsoever. Makes being sober a bunch easier

The only thing I wish for periodically, is getting blasted. Just one night of partying. A night to let it all out.

Even those thoughts are easy to snuff out. I know the anxiety I experience during hangover would blow chunks. A few hours of fun wouldn't be worth the 2 days of anxiety that follows. No thanks.

If you just stick to be sober, it becomes more and more pleasing. The idea of drinking becomes more of a turn off.

That's pretty cool when you think about it. Because not drinking is something that you can do long term without any repercussions. It's something you can do well for years and years. And the more you follow that path, the better it becomes.