View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 05:51 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
hetriedit

Addicted

Not sure how active this post is, but I figured I would at least try. I have been abusing, in every sense of the word, Diphenhydramine for almost a year now. The only reason I started researching Benadryl and its effects was the surprisingly powerful effects that even with the slightest increase caused a paradoxical effect. I was having trouble sleeping one night so I googled some remedies, and on every one of the pages so I decided to go with that. I knew benadryl would be able to do the trick, but since there aren't many things that seem to affect me in a strong way I took 3 and did not sleep at all. It felt like restless leg syndrome except it was affecting the entirety of my body.
Next day I looked up Benadryl high, took 20 pills (25 mg each) in the late afternoon to see what was going to happen.

Jesus **** I was not prepared. I kept seeing my neighbor's house and I would see seemingly random things like I mistook their car for a dark, almost impossibly black child's head. Reality was twisted to the point where I would only on occasion would I be able to form any intelligent thing to stay at all. The worst part were the noises. I would hear and see some of my friends in my bedroom. I mean these voices would ask questions or crack a joke and I was not capable of understanding that my friends aren't there or the creaks and soft sound that was somehow extremely loud and piercing. The only times I would be able to snap out of it for a moment when I would respond to these voices and realize my talking sounded nothing like theirs in terms of loudness, location, and understandability, and that was just enough for me to think at least with some reason.

I must be a masochist because ever since then I have been taking more and more and more Benadryl as my tolerance began to increase extremely quickly. I am currently at the point where I can take 25 pills and get the same effects as someone who took 1 pill. My regular nightly dose is 45-50 pills. I have tried to stop several times but when I'm trying to go to sleep it takes several hours to actually fall asleep and then while I was asleep I had a series of unfathomably vivid nightmares and wake up in the morning with a terrible headache incredibly groggy and sensitive to light. If there is anyone who can offer advice on how to beat this addiction please offer it up. This crap is ruining my memory and my fine motor skills especially my arms and hands. No matter what I do my arms and hands tremble as if I have mild Parkinson's. Again, any advice that can be offered up to help me quit this crap once and for all I can't thank you enough.

TL;DR - I have been abusing benadryl for a year now, I take 45-50 pills per night and my tolerance has skyrocketed to the point 25 pilla has little to no effect on me. No idea where to start with taking on this addiction and any advice is greatly appreciated.