View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 03:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Eauchiche

Divorce Anouncement

Dear friends
My partner and I separated 3 years ago this month, and have had very little to do with each other the entire time. I have stayed legally married to him to keep him on the health insurance at my company. I believed that to take this from him would be a mean thing to do, since I was the one who left the relationship.

I got an email from him over the weekend, suggesting that we file for divorce. Apparently the IRS is killing him in taxes because of the way we have to file. He believes paying for health insurance on his own will be cheaper than the taxes.

My plan was to tell you folks when this divorce is a fait accompli, but I really need your support just now.

In a sense, this is a gift from God that is wrapped in ugly wrapping paper. I have been struggling with feelings of sadness and nostalgia.

I have also been struggling with a call to become a permanent deacon in the Catholic Church, a position that would be impossible with my current marital status.

I am in the process of changing my ISP, so I will not be able to visit here very often before this Saturday, but I thank you very much in a advance for your support.