View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Splash29

Unlce passed from this disease

I'm still in shock. I hadn't seen my uncle in years since he lived far away and my whole family new he struggled with this disease. But over the weekend I found out he passed from cirrhosis of the liver. He was in his 50s. Younger than my parents! !! I am heartbroken the most, because he was dead for at least a day before his boss sent the police to check on him. I'm so upset that he died alone from this terrible disease. The 2nd person just in my family.

He I believe died the same day I picked up my 30 day chip (this Saturday). I'm just heartbroken that maybe I could have reached out to him. Could have done SOMETHING.

I'm also dishearten by the way my family is acting. This is the 2nd death from alcoholism in my family and they just doesn't SEE! Doesn't SEE how this is a dangerous disease and they are drinking everyday still. I don't want my parents to be next! Just because my uncle drank at 9AM and they drink at 5PM doesn't make it better!!!!!! I want to shake them. Shake my mother and tell her to stop drinking every night --- that this could have been her!!!!!!

But my family is just making excuses. "He drank hard liquor" "he struggled with drugs in his youth". Just the blanket of excuses to misdirect the fact that they are all drinking everyday just like HIM. And now he is dead and I can never see my uncle again.

I just don't want more family members to die from this stupid disease. I don't want my parents to die and they are older and drinking everyday. I was crying so hard when my parents told me about my uncles death and they didn't understand why. And I just was crying because the struggle with hell my uncle must have went through and I was crying because I DON'T want my parents to be next. But I don't know how to tell them...They are in denial.

I didn't drink for 3 years before my relapse and now I'm not drink again. I hope I can live be example, but I just don't want anyone else to die, but I also know I can't just tell them to stop!