Old 02-04-2017, 11:30 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Hey Centered
I'm sure I have nothing new to say, but I think you handled the situation just fine.

Wine helping Alzheimers....PAH-lease! Alcohol is a neuro-toxin. Nuff said. Your friend owns a wine business....she may not want to false advertise I think that's the kind of stuff snake oil salesmen used to say. The alcohol industry will have us believing all kinds of stuff that simply isn't true.

But obviously the point of this is caring about what others think. Oh man, I relate. I used to think it was my responsibility to make everyone feel good. And if someone didn't, or something seemed off, clearly it was my fault. I felt I had to be all kinds of things that I'm simply not. Hence the reason I loved alcohol so much. It made me into what I thought I should be...or so I thought Its been a real challenge for me to learn that I'm ok, just as I am. If someone has an issue, its not mine to own, or change (btw, your thread has helped me because its reminded me of this....and I need to always be reminded). If there's an awkward silence, or something is hanging in the the air, its not my job to change that. I don't have to do anything, really. Some other people pleaser will jump in soon enough

Anyway, I get it. You are wonderful just as you are. If someone has an issue, its there not yours. You'll know when your aim isn't true....and you'll make an amends when that happens. You just keep being you.