View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 09:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

God's will, not mine

Happy weekend, everyone.

So, I took my second attempt at my licensing exam the other day.

I failed. I missed it by 5 questions.

I was despondent. I knew I'd be out of a job. I was worried about healthcare since I hadn't scheduled my mammogram or gotten my dental visit in yet.
But, beyond all that, I was pissed off. I felt I studied hard. I worked the program as they insisted I do. I put the effort in and I made sure I managed my stress levels well until the last few days (I was a mess the day or so beforehand).

Anyway, on the way home I called my bf and he just kept saying how sorry he was and how surprised he was since he saw how hard I was trying, etc.

I get home and I'm truly in a crappy mood already planning who I can send my resume to, etc. and I get a call from my corporate trainer. She was my leader and encourager for the past month. I asked her, "So, where do I send the computer to?" She said, "Hey, no so fast....... I have something to share with you...."

She told me that I was granted a third chance! WTF?? What company does that? I was being given a third chance to pass this god awful miserable test, lol??? Oh crap, damn....I was just thinking that maybe I needed to find another path and now the path just took down it's detour signs. UGH! She told me that they only granted 10 other people this option through the past year and she said it's obvious the company wants me and is willing to invest in me. No kidding! I cried on the phone with her. I was truly humbled.

So, now I'm on my own with a study program. I make my own schedule, I am not required to check in weekly or participate in conference calls, etc. I just need to pass and I need to figure out how to do that in the next month!

God's will and not mine is what I go back to every time. I literally had resigned myself to finding a new career path and to finding a new life for myself. But, now I'm back to studying this damn series 7 stuff all over again. UGH.......such a drag, but better than being unemployed looking for healthcare insurance, too, right? I am so grateful....I have no words. My bf just keep walking around last night, shaking his head in disbelief as he had never see anyone get a third shot at taking the test. I'm turning this all over to God, to my HP, because I honestly have no idea how I got here! Life is funny!