View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
OMD

Hello!
Great, thoughtful, and helpful advice as usual from everyone, thank you all! I actually don't mind telling people I don't drink but don't look forward to the reaction, because most people think it's strange and some feel challenged. But, I don't tell people I had to quit, I usually just come up with an excuse - that's easier.

Anyway, I have got my head around the moderation question. I can't really ultimately see what the point is of drinking again, especially when I remember how things ended up last time around despite so many decisions about moderation, this and that rule etc. all inevitably broken by the end of the day on which I started my new regime. I just need to break the association between having a social life and drinking. Same with work - I have a client dinner tomorrow night with someone who is a big drinker but that's fine by me.

As to those with a sweet tooth - totally agree. That's me. I need to cut out sugar and of course caffeine (one day). Amp I am going to set a date when I cut out the sugar - let's do this!

Right, I know I am rambling so I am going to head off but I'm in a good place, and once we get the winter behind us it sounds like everyone else will be too.

Thanks again
OMD