Old 02-02-2017, 05:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
soberandhonest

Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
But my attorney doesn't think I have a case. She says since nothing awful has happened, and he has passed the tests, the judge is likely to side with him.

STBXAH has offered to do 2 more months of SL (which mean 1 month, since he does it on alternate weeks), to appease me and avoid court.
I would ask your attorney what the likelihood of success is. Your post stated that she "doesn't think I have a case," which suggests that your attorney believes your odds are quite small, but I would want to have more detail before assuming that to be the case. If your attorney believes that your odds are quite small, I would strongly consider saving your financial and emotional resources for a battle that you have a better chance of winning. I know others are saying that you don't have much to lose, but arguing with lawyers is not cheap and losing this battle could take an emotional toll on you.

Your STBXAH has offered to do 2 more months of SL to avoid court. As an alternative to seeking assistance from the court, consider asking your lawyer to negotiate with his lawyer and increase this to 3-4 months.