Thread: Craving
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Clean30

Originally Posted by LimeGreen View Post
Thanks everyone. I was on naltrexone, which completely suppressed my cravings, but made me quite ill. I had to quit, and so now they are back.
I was lonely and tired. The coffee helped and I did some stuff around the house.
I have been admitted into a program at a local hospital that works on finding out the root of the problem. It involves a lot of work with groups and psychiatrists. I am an atheist and have a hard time with AA. I'm hopeful about this program, but it doesn't start for another month, so i spend a lot of time on here.
As simple as this sounds it really is this simple, you just stop drinking and then you go through life. Don't look back or spend the rest of your life thinking about your love affair with alcohol, you just move on and deal with present issues at hand. The more you brainstorm trying to work this or that out, the more time you give into the thoughts and let them consume you, you'll run out of energy and then you'll say, "I can't do this anymore!" That pain comes from you dwelling on it.