View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 03:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

pawsgal, you did what you needed to do. I've witnessed some hostility in a meeting before too. I stayed only because I would have had to pass right in front of the guy yelling in order to get out the door but it was uncomfortable staying. Thankfully, that's a rare occurrence. Don't let it dissuade you from returning but if it occurs again maybe talk to the meeting facilitator? I'm sure it makes others uncomfortable too.

I also wanted to address the issue with finding out that a pedophile is at a meeting. The last I knew we use first names when we're introducing ourselves? Is someone passing around this person's past as gossip? Don't get me wrong, I was also sexually abused as a child so we are on the same page there. But, I go to meetings to better myself and not to pay attention to other people's history. Jeese, to think that anyone would be laying out some of the things I've done for all to see. Can you even imagine if all our past shortcomings were on the table to be discussed amongst other members?

If you really love this group I would just recommend staying away from him.