Old 01-28-2017, 11:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
DesertFoxAZ

One thing I forgot to add...

One night she asked me if I wanted to hang out. She had been drinking. Her ex had brought over several bottles of booze (which was a bad idea if she had been in AA) and was a little tipsy. We went to dinner and she was completely obnoxious, cursing up a storm and making a complete ass of herself. She went outside for a cigarette and I went to pay the bill and I was approached by another customer who I think wanted to start a fight because she was using the F-word around his kids. I thought she was drunk, and perhaps she was. We got in an argument in the parking lot about her behavior and I said I was taking her home and I was leaving.

When we got back to her apartment she told me, "You know a lot about me, but you don't know me that well. You wouldn't like the real me." I wasn't sure what that meant exactly and she didn't clarify. I talked to her ex later and he said she was likely having a manic episode. When she's like that she has no boundaries. That's when all the crazy stuff happens.

A day or two later she texts me saying she's like that sometimes and if I can't deal with it then maybe we shouldn't be friends. She was really upset that I was offended by her behavior because she thought she was being charming and I was spoiling the fun. I almost stopped talking to her after that incident. However later she said she was sorry she embarrassed me and would try to exert some self-control.

But it made me think she's got a lot of secrets that she isn't willing to reveal to me. Now that I've had time to reflect so much is starting to make sense. Damn my ignorance...