View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 11:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
heartcore

Tomsteve - no, I didn't mean removal (because you're right - NA rooms across the world would be empty, with spiderwebs growing across the empty metal folding chairs - lol).

I meant more of a perspective shift. Or should I talk privately with him & tell him it makes me uncomfortable so I'll never sit near him again. No. That's not a great idea.

I think fleeing is my only option for now. It's just sad because I put a fair amount of energy & love into that group. I've started going to an all-womens meeting & will probably make that my home group. SR is really my true "home group."

Also, I did tell my sponsor. She's from that group too, & now she's creeped out by him (she has children), so that actually spread the discomfort.

My most spiritual answer is that the rooms are for us all & I'd rather that pedophiles & rapists & murderers & racists & misogonists & child abusers work a program & grow than sit home alone being creepy & scary...
Still, I don't get exposure to dangerous people like that in my work/family/friend life - all the people I know that I find scary came from the rooms of AA & NA - lol. Wait, is that funny?
Still a believer in the efficacy & power of the program though. Just sometimes the personalities are quite a challenge.