Thread: Sober Bowl!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 08:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Grungehead
Grateful

This is a hard one to pick for me this year. Both teams are hot. Atlanta has an offense that can score a lot of points when they get on a roll. NE has one of the better defenses in the league. It reminds me a little bit of the Denver vs Seattle SB where you had a prolific Denver offense going against a great Seattle defense. No one expected Denver to be held to 8 points with a red hot Manning at QB, nor did they expect Seattle to be able to put up 43 points. I don't think NE's defense is as good as Seattle's was that year, but it will be one of the better ones they have faced this season.

My prediction is that NE will win based on their experience of being there so many times. But I'm not all that comfortable about it due to Atlanta's explosiveness. I'm a Panthers fan so I don't have a dog in this hunt, just hoping for an exciting game and some entertaining commercials.

Oh yeah, 4th SB in a row sober for me. I don't even equate the SB with drinking anymore...and I remember who won the next morning too.