View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 11:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
graceseeker

Climbing the Walls...

Michelle,

I just picked up hubby for his lunch (he gets to go home for lunch because of the past surgery he had)- and asked him to take away the bottle of oxys that somehow got left on the kitchen table. I made it, by God's grace- this time- and didn't screw up and take them....(thus the name "graceseeker").

About your hubby "mauling " you when your going through W/D.... HHmmmm how about getting a big bowl as a "barf bucket" and tell him that you need it close by- just in case- perhaps that will throw some "cold water" on him. It doesn't really matter if you need it-yet. You DO need your space- how well I know!!

You know, Michelle, maybe we can help each other with some ideas to get through W/D... I don't know how you feel, but I get a strange kind of agitation and a cold feeling in my bones- though some-times I'll break into a sweat, if I have to clean or do laundry or something.... I've found that a heating pad on my legs really helps at night with the cold part. Eating ice helps with the hot part- when I have to work....

This is different for everyone, though... I can't seem to find an answer- besides keep on praying- for patience with my son, who is going through a rough stage right now, where he needs constant attention, is missing his school bus, forgetting to do things- losing homework, starting to back-talk- and on and on... Hubby thought it was something about me- until he took him on an amusement -park ride all alone without me there to keep the peace. Boy was he mad at him- saying he was spoiled- etc... but all this time I've been begging hubby to get involved... ohwell- that's another story. I just dread an argument when he gets home, and I have to tell him to do his homework... ugh!

This CAN be done! There is no other option but death, so when we know that, it will eventually be over. It will just be a nightmare from the past- like I now remember my highschool eating disorder (which, thank God, I haven't had to worry about since-forever). I didn't go to a treatment program for that either, because it didn't even have a name back then- and wasn't called a disease. If I had told anyone back then (the 70's) about the eating disorder- they would have just thought I was nuts... But grace got me out of that one-I am praying I'll get out of this one too- and I will be praying for you and your husband too!!!

gotta go-hubby needs to rest at the computer chair... -sigh-

GS