View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
manama

misaxrt, I think everyone has good advice for you luv. I just want to share something with you. My mother had two sons die of alcoholism they died young and she spent nearly 20 years in total grief. Yes she enabled their drinking, gave them money for booze, sheltered them and bailed them out over and over again. I had many, "Enough is enough!" conversations with her.
All it ever did was make her sad and make me feel totally helpless. I left home at 17 because I couldn't stand it anymore. Then they died and I had a mom who became totally dependent on me, and it would not have been so bad were she not totally grief stricken.
At some point it is ok for you to think of yourself first. I suggest you allow all of your brother/mother drama to play out and in the meantime you, yourself, find someone to talk to about all that's happening.
You need your head straight so you can go on with your life. Sorry if that sounds harsh but you can't force people to see the light if they refuse. Plugging in here will do no harm and will at least give you a place to vent these feelings.
Hope you stick around.