Old 01-26-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
honeypig

Wells, if it makes you feel any better, I never understood that dating was about finding out if I wanted things to get any deeper, either. Pretty much any time anyone showed any interest in me, I latched on. I can't say I did it in spite of red flags b/c I honestly don't think I ever SAW them except in hindsight!

As I said before, I've never spent any significant amount of time "single" until the last year and a half...pretty unbelievable, when I think about it. For the most part, I'm actually really good w/being on my own. I do miss the security of a second income in the household, and it would be nice to have help w/stuff like yard work and snow removal, but it would be pretty sad to base a relationship on those things, wouldn't it?

I have no interest whatsoever in dating, but I do wonder if that's an age-related thing, w/younger folks being more interested in the "couple" thing.

I would not have imagined, a few years ago, that I'd be comfortable living and being alone w/my dogs, but actually, I'm happier than I was during many of the years I was married to XAH, and certainly stronger and more independent. How could that be a bad thing?