Old 01-26-2017, 12:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Wells

Hah! I love it.

That's the issue I guess - I'm pretty easy to like and as such my past relationships have started off QUICK. I always get along with once I meet people. I make lots of friends. Few if any enemies. And I will go to bat for anyone I know, any time they need me.

So, suddenly I'm dating someone, and I guess they tend to get close rather quickly...That's what has happened in the past. I just need to learn to be able to shut things down if I see red flags. A definite skillset I lacked. If I told you about some of the early (first months of the relationsship) violent outbreaks involving booze and my exAGF - You'd slap me for being so silly for hanging on. Yet I hung in, chalked it up to "she's young, she'll outgrow it" and here we sit, 10 years later!

As dandy also said, I am a bit of an introvert at least initially, very bad at making the first move, but good at proceeding once doors are opened. I just need to learn, some doors that get opened can be closed. Some fish can go back in the water.