Old 01-26-2017, 11:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
atalose

In retrospect, all 3 of the relationships had different types of issues and red flags both early on and throughout, which I basically tolerated or ignored, just because I felt like being in a relationship was better than being alone/single.
It’s not that dating casually at an older age is the factor it’s the whole concept we have about dating and relationships. As you said, you ignored red flags just to be in a relationship and not feel alone. We settle for behaviors that we should never settle for. When I look back today I wish I had the knowledge I have today about dating and the courage and ability to just end it and move on.

Dating should be fun, easy going, relaxed and taking our time in getting to know new people and maybe learn some new interests. But often codies show up for dates with a Uhaul and wedding plans! (joke) They want to skip through the dating as quickly as possible with plans of rocking chairs on the front porch and growing old together – securing that “relationship”.

Ever hear the expression………….

Booze is an alcoholic’s trigger

Drugs are a drug addict’s trigger

And, relationships are a codependents trigger

If you don’t feel secure about yourself or have doubts about dating then don’t, because -------water seeks it’s own level, and you’ll end up in yet another unhappy/stressful/struggling relationship.