Thread: No Withdrawals?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 10:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
MissPerfumado

Apart from insomnia and some anxiety, I did not have serious withdrawals.

I was an everyday drinker though not an all-day drinker. Usually almost 2 bottles of wine per night and more on the weekend. But even on the weekend, I would wait until a "respectable" time of about 2 -3 pm to start (...our drinking foibles always seem so grimly laughable looking back). This was built up over about 15 years.

I have thought about why I didn't experience bad withdrawals. The main reason (I think) was that I wasn't yet at the stage of obvious physical dependency or maintenance drinking, meaning I didn't need a drink in the mornings to feel better.

Also drinking large amounts everyday without a break kept the booze in my system so I wasn't withdrawing completely from it all the time.

Whatever the case I was fast getting to the point of physical dependency and my body was starting to break down from all that drinking. I feel very fortunate I quit when I did, because I seriously think I was close to the point of sustaining severe physical and personal damage of the irreversible kind.