View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 10:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

My greatest wish was to be drunk every day, but I lacked the control. My pattern was to drink as much as I could for as long as I could, often upto four days, before I either ran out of money, was locked up, or was too sick to continue. I never ate when I was drinking, and could barely eat when I wasnt. I was well under weight when I got sober, and badly damaged physically and mentally as a result.

When I recovered, the people in the rooms, the new ones like me, were invariably skinny little things. The older members with a few years of good living under their belts were a bit more bulky.

Yet I read the other day that excess alcohol consumption is closely correlated to excess eating. I asked another member once why we have so many fat alkies turning up these days. His theory was use of drugs, which apparently give you the munchies. Luckily for me drugs were not a part of my journey, but I can't understand how I could eat AND drink successfully. It would interfere with the drinking, although it might make the vomit more colorful.