Old 01-25-2017, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
starcco

Weekend binge drinkers- any blood pressure improvement after quitting?

Hello all,

I have done a search but have not seen anything related to my specific situation. Hoping others here have the same or similar experience and can shed some light for me, as I am desperate for answers.

I have been a weekend binge drinker for many years. About a year ago my Dr. told me I have high blood pressure. I pretty much ate healthy but started exercising a few months ago. I have not seen any improvement so have been racking my brain as to what it could be. The Information from my dr. Is to eat healthy and exercise. This was very frustrating because I could not figure out why I would have high BP. I have always been healthy and figured those good habits would outweigh the weekend drinking of two to three bottles of liquor on the weekend. Sometimes one bottle Friday, one bottle Saturday, and 3/4 to one bottle Sunday. Sometimes it is one bottle Saturday and one on Sunday. But I am feeling that this could be the only other reason that could be contributing to my high BP. It just didn't dawn on me as I probably stupidly thought drinking a lot on the weekend would not be responsible for high blood pressure.

My questions are: does weekend binge drinking over many years cause consistently high blood pressure, and has anyone been a weekend drinker and when you abstained, did it help your blood pressure reach normal levels?

I am hoping to hear some of these experiences as this is my last resort to identifying the cause of my high BP and finally quit!

Thank you anyone who is willing to take your time to read this. Thank you!