Old 01-23-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
StartingOverNW

Evening of Day 17 here and just finishing up dinner. Today has been the best day so far for energy, so Michael66 you can have some of mine too. I figure it may go up and down for awhile, but today its up in a good way. I was able to concentrate all day at work, often working on multiple tasks at once when I got temporarily blocked on one and moved on to the other. This is so different than 2.5 weeks ago when I could barely keep my mind on 1 task for most of the work day and needed breaks constantly to clear my head.

I made it to a noon AA meeting on my lunch break, as I'm lucky that there's a noon meeting a few days a week about a block from my work. I'm also planning to take off in a bit for my evening meditation class.

The clear-headedness really helped today too combined with the energy. I just want to encourage everyone in their first week especially to push through the early sobriety fog (or if you relapsed, get back on the horse and push through it again). I really feel like a completely different person today than I did 17 days ago. I'm sure it wont be like this every day, but today I'll take it.

Hang in there everyone