View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 11:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
AlaskaGirl

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Hi AlaskaGirl, I'm so glad you're learning AVRT! It saved me from a downward spiral which had been building up its negative vortex for decades. I'm just so thrilled to read your thread here.

Once my Big Plan was made and I'd read, reread and digested the detailed information in Secular Connections, to ensure that I was thoroughly conversant with the technique - it felt like I'd lifted off a backpack loaded with heavy rocks. It was such a relief, a very emotional feeling.

It's also truly liberating. No more internal debates, arguing, resisting, white-knuckling, counting minutes, hours, days:, and all the related internal angst: all removed. No more worrying about HALT, because I can be hungry, angry, lonely, tired, bored, sad and on and on. These are very natural feelings, however, if the question of alcohol arises on the back of those feelings as a way to 'fix' them, I instantly recognise the thought, feeling or image, as pure AV and instantly dismiss it as just the poor Beast wanting ITs fix.

No more fear, no more worrying, because I'm free from ITs tyranny and I'm a non-drinker.

Any questions, whatsoever, then please ask and I feel sure folks here can assist.
Hi Tatsy! I have to apologize, I was reading your user name as "Tasty" all this time, LOL. I've been reading your thread, it's been so eye opening. Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us. I love it when you quote your AV. The one about the dog digging up a dead body was especially creative! And when I read about your adventure in the cave I wanted to cheer!!!

I too am excited about all the things I'm going to experience with this monkey off my back. As you can imagine, living in Alaska I have incredible outdoor experiences in my back yard. I love to hike & kayak but I haven't done much of those kinds of activities the past 8 years. I was too drunk, too hungover and too out of shape. No more! I'm already working out with a trainer & focusing on healthy eating.

Thanks again for being here and know that you are an ispiration!