View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 09:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Fusion

I'm sorry AlaskaGirl, I forgot to respond to your PAWS question. I know my Beast likes PAWS, IT used to read with me when I researched the syndrome and frighten me into thinking it would be safer to continue drinking!

From my own experience, once I'd kicked the Beast off my back, I reviewed the PAWS information and just accepted that everyone is different physiologically and will respond, bounce back to normality at different rates, according to their physiology and probably the quantity drank. But as a daily drinker for years, of the equivalent of three bottles of wine/750 bottle vodka a day, I sometimes feel rather tired. But I view that as a positive sign, that my body's healing after the abuse I subjected it to.

Any Post Alcohol Withdrawal doesn't seem like a Syndrome to me, just nature taking its course and the body's functions reverting to normal homeostasis. Which is obviously aided by adequate nutrition, sleep and excercise etc. Nothing to be feared in my view, but welcomed as a sign of much needed returning health.