Thread: Moth wings
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 11:06 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

Moths do not see life that way. Using the same metaphor- they start off in a cocoon- they morph into something completely different. I see my sobriety like that (thus the name). I have seen some really crap stuff in this recovery program that has been my life for 6 months. A place where those in it- with brutal honesty and very, very hard work can complete this change. Fragile -yes. There was one girl here- successful, talented- smart. Now- in her own words- a crack *****. Her was heavily pregnant from one of her unidentified clients. Was chucked out for relapsing many times. Had an induced premature baby because she was using and back on the streets. Sad, ugly stories.
But consider the moth- who does not think of itself any less a child of the universe because it is not a butterfly. The moth fans it's wings and lives it's life- to grow, to continue- to seek purpose. Now- not thinking about the cocoon, or the fact it's life will be so short. The moth lives now- for life with all it's risks, beauty and tragedy.