View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 10:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
carguysgirl

Thank you all for your prayers. Major trigger warning because it's not good.

She didn't make it. She was still breathing on her own and heart beating when he got there but very little brain activity. After about 24 hours she lost the ability to breathe or keep a pulse on her own so they turned off the ventilator today.

I hardly know but bf's did, she was lost to her addiction for almost the entire 4 years we've been together. My bf hadn't seen her in about 2 years and it was sporadic before then.

She had recently got back in touch as she'd been talking vivitrol but she chose to move from where she was without the third shot she was supposed to get and started to slip. Her overdose was Xanax her doc was heroin.

I tried to support my bf as best I could from here. I have a very hard time around drug abuse because I've lost friends to it. One of my best friends overdosed just a month ago and another friend overdosed 1 year before that. I have others who are gone lost to addiction.

So now there is my bf's has son. He had put himself in rehab near here we only found out when we heard about bf's poor dad. He'd been in and out of state couch surfing sometimes using sometimes clean. So great news he put himself in rehab, I feel like he's really trying. However he left upon hearing about bf's dd he came here for 1 night and he told us he was supposed to be on suboxone taper for withdrawal but wasn't because he'd left. My bf took him out for beer and bought him alcohol for the evening at home. I'm a different type of gal, but never a parent and I kept quiet. Except to suggest that has would be best returning to rehab, bf says eventually but not now he needs family first, then rehab. It's has decisions to make anyway. So it goes.

My bf came home from the hospital yesterday and told has that his sister is gone and he's with him now at my bf's brothers house who fortunately lives close by.

I'm now having a hard time for a couple of reasons.

Having lost a best friend a month ago and throwing dirt on her grave I'm pretty darn triggered and on top of that I lost my aunt the day my bf flew to the hospital. Her wake was the day he was coming back and her funeral the next day. I told him that I needed to go to the wake and funeral and he asked me to stay and support him while he told has. I questioned the idea because I don't know him well but he said he needed my support. My mom and sister both understood so I stayed, but he totally changed his plans and spent time alone with has which typically wouldn't bother me but I had really wanted to be with my own family and felt my sacrifice was ignored.

Also I'm just not sure that I'm ready to roll the dice with has. It might be time to get off the merry go round to preserve my sanity. But at such a time it seems miserable to do.