View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 10:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Glamma1974

I'm new to this support group but yes I know what you talking about my husband works everyday

Originally Posted by MRSH4 View Post
We have a high functioning addict (young adult) son. He is dual diagnosis and honestly I believe that his many concussions contribute to his behaviors. This site saved us many years ago from family destruction....we are going on 7 years of us recovering and him not so much. He is quite possibly one of the smartest people I know. This is what lead us to the label high functioning addict...never stole, self supportive business owner..... But, the frequency of legal troubles are increasing. He needs to have someone help him channel his "smarts" and correct those behaviors. Does anyone have experience with high functioning addicts? Any successful tools to share? Any recovery centers you'd suggest? He is open to help but easily discouraged unfortunately.
I can totally understand this post I live it with my husband he works everyday to the best he can but he's got to be on some substance to do anything