View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ABetterWay1

Originally Posted by SoberChicNJ View Post
How I am still alive is unknown to me but although Im ill I needed to post this for the sake of anyone else contemplating the thought!

Ive been doing great and in recovery for the past month and a former lover and companion drinker who has since moved to another state in the U.S. 4 hrs away called desperate and revealed they are now addicted to another substance and facing jail time and homelessness.

My heart sank as I love this person and was elated for their recovery. All I want to do is help. My work proffession allows the help and the stress got to me last night. In the middle of the night my anxiety was out of control and I was desperate pacing for relief. No alcohol in the house and I dont smoke or have ever used any drugs. ...

Like an addict, i googled what I could use from household products. Its pretty terrifying shat can be substituted to get the alcohol buzz. PLEASE DONT!! Try anything like this!

Im not a doctor and Im not posting what I did but run and get the thought out! Its better to be in a detox for a few days than use "home"remedies. NEVER EVER AGAIN!!
In my lowest moments, when the alcohol buzz no longer sufficed, I too searched for information on what other products could provide a high. I never actually went through with it, thank goodness, because when I realized what I was about to do, I somehow saw through all the haze just how dire the situation had become.

I can't even express how glad I am to not feel that desperation any longer.

ABW1