Thread: new here....
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 06:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ScaredOfJack

I haven't been to AA or anything of the likes, although strongly considering it. It's funny, my dad was an alcoholic and I swore I'd never drink because of the memories I had from my childhood of his drinking. I remember when him and my mom split, and her threatening to go after full custody because of his drinking. I remember going to AA meetings with him on my weekend visits (oddly enough, these are some of my fondest memories.....it was special, just me and Dad) I never acquired a taste for alcohol growing up, never liked it. I guess it all started when I made the decision to quit smoking weed....weird, trade one addiction for another. And now I wish I never quit....because I now have this addiction thats much more harmful than the other. I tried to smoke since I quit here and there, but it doesn't have the same affect. I get super paranoid and uneasy. So, I've learned I just have to accept I'm an addict. Through and through. I'm not only genetically inclined, but also environmentally, mentally, ect. as well. Its anything...from drugs and alcohol....to internet and video games....even cross word puzzles/word searches (I can spend hours doing these) Hell, even cleaning.....and work....everything in my life...I'm all in......really in...or all out....