Thread: new here....
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ScaredOfJack

new here....

Hello all. I have to admit I spent a week just reading thru all the posts here before I signed up. I am a 34 yo female...I started my drinking later than most, at 30. I drink at home, nowhere else. I work at a bar/restaurant, but other than that I've never stepped foot into a bar. With that said my DOC is Jack Daniels, and I can go thru a fifth in less than 24 hrs....I don't like beer or wine, ect. I have had one hospital detox, spent 4 days in there.....worse experience of my life....the withdrawals were horrid. Needless to say, it didn't stop me. Alcohol slowly crept back into my life..it stalked me. I haven't been back to the point where I was..but I'm getting there. I took a week break, and after the withdrawals wore off, I felt great....swore I'm done with drinking. But than, after getting off work last night, the AV kicked in...."you've done great! You can get a bottle and you'll be fine." Well, I'm sure you all know the rest. I drank 1/2 of it, woke up feeling like crap, thinking "why!?" I know I hate the feeling, and am now starting to hate the feeling of being drunk....so I'm done. Here's to day one.