Old 01-16-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Nic233

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Good to hear that you are feeling better Nic, when I had a root canal a few years ago, the pain was horrible. Fortunately, your doctor's plan for treatment worked!
I went to a wonderful dentist last night (my Parents dentist) who took 3 lots of x-rays and did a full examination and refused to charge me anything. She was so lovely... She said that the abscess originates from one of my teeth that has been previously treated by another dentist, and that she has actually never seen such a big abscess before. It has spread from my tooth all the way through my face up to my right temple, so I am one lucky girl. She said it could have gone up to my my brain had I not got onto the right antibiotics.
I feel very confident with her and she is going to put the antibiotics right down into the tooth before any root canal treatment can happen and then another course of oral antibiotics for my face..
I guess that explains the need for morphine!!! I'm currently in no pain so something is working.
She also said that she is going to discount my treatment as I am a working single mum who is studying as she was in the same position whilst studying to be a dentist. I actually feel soooo blessed. Very humbled by the whole experience.