View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
paulokes

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
Anything that has to be prefaced with "nothing person but..."

I am not rejecting anyone's efforts to help or telling them they can't. I don't know what the answer is, and that's why I'm asking. But I do hear a lot of things that make it seem like I don't have a valid problem? Like I'm saying one thing and people are saying "Yeah but the real problem is that you..." it makes me feel slightly crazy..
Hi! I disagree with the part in bold.

I also don't agree with the fact that people are telling you you don't have a valid problem. I understand that you feel invalidated.

I actually relate to the feelings you're talking about. As, I think do other people...so they share their experience or perspective.

From what I see...the overwhelming experience of others on this subject is that it's about intimacy, and how we relate to others. Like Scott said I benefitted greatly from exploring this kind of thing with counsellors, or with other people I trusted who had the ability to hear me, and real bona fide experience of going through similar problems and coming out the other side. You may or may not do but when you talk about stuff like this, I guess I feel that I want to share what I have learned and experienced along the way. Cos it's all about me, right

I certainly don't know what it's like to be you. But I can relate to many of the thoughts, issues and feelings you raise on here.

You're more comfortable giving advice than hearing it, right? And you're training to be a Nurse? Snap! See, we just might have more in common than you'd think.

I often feel like I post something on here and then regret it...like "No, no, no...you don't understand! I was just airing my thoughts, don't give me advice or patronise me!" An exaggeration but it goes something like that. It's crazy really, but at least I try to be aware that that's what happens for me.

For me, that's my personality and it's all been about trust, intimacy, misplaced pride, independence...for you it may be different

P