Old 01-15-2017, 09:56 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Thumpalumpacus
Alive in the Superunknown

Rough morning. My son's mom called me early this morning. He was arrested for DUI, in his case DoC was marijuana. He and I spoke for about thirty minutes this morning, and will obviously be having an ongoing conversation. I am, and will continue to be, beating all Hell out of recovery principles, keeping my balance so that I can help him. He has to get help to deal with his abusing weed. We have to make a plan so that he can pay for a lawyer, pay his mom back for recovering his car for impound, etc.

The only good things I can say are 1) at least he didn't maim or kill anyone, and 2) he is not denying that he needs help. This is a problem, but it is an opportunity as well, and it's my job to help him seize and make the most of it.

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Thumpa, do you have any idea how much longer before you are a good candidate for the hip replacement? I think we have a iron man competition going on here; Delilah and her bionic knees, and your bionic hip, who's next? I know, I want a bionic brain!
lol, I'll settle for the fleshly variety. I'm not certain of the timeframe, but from what I've read online, platelet production in chemotherapy patients averages around three weeks, and I can't imagine my own would be terribly different. While that's happening, I have to quit smoking as well; that too is a prerequisite for the operation.