View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 08:24 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
xStargazer

Update:
Awake and hating it. If I have to go to the hospital I will. I'm just letting everyone know.

The most prominent feature I have right now are chills, but it's not cold. I am in my bed, with a heated laptop on my lap now, and am freezing but when I put on a sweater, I start sweating. Imagine that lol.

I like typing, because it's so much easier than writing. I have to be relatively accurate and that's it. As long as I push the button correctly it won't be chicken scratch. Easy enough.

Trying to respond to everyone without having to go back through and quote mine here let's see.

Gatorade is an IV fluid right? I hope so cuz it will double as my life blood if the puking starts.

I actually do wanna rein in the sarcasm for one second to say that I actually do deeply appreciate all of you who just met me and are already concerned about me. The world needs more selfless love like that.

I did not go pick up more wine with the McDonald's haha. No Liquor stores were open and I already have some to keep me from getting too sick.

And that actually is relatively profound. Why is a concept so simple as "don't pick up the first drink," so freaking baffling to me? I already can tell just by reading that sentence your logic is spot on Phoenix. The solution is actually so simple and right under my nose. I just need to get better at putting it into practice.

I drink between 1 and 3 bottles of wine a day, plus some hard alcohol in there here and there. That is for Dor. Stoked to hear you're quitting too! It's gonna be tough, and I'm kinda scared but something's gotta give. We Can do it!

Okay so full blown update.

The Alcohol hasn't ran out yet. When it does my plan is to roll over and go back to bed to see if I can beat that insane thought we all have once we start. "Just one more." At least I know enough about alcoholism now to know that I'm only fooling myself if I think I'll ever be able to have just one drink.

I know it's weird. But at this point I want the alcohol to run out, and I want my past decisions to come back and haunt me now so that I can just deal with my mistakes and move on. I actually feel ready. It's kind of an amazing feeling. Being twitchy and nauseous and stupid and sweaty is gonna suck but it needs to happen.

I'm using the wine symptomatically. I only have 40 minutes left until the deadline I was planning on quitting at so it looks like I may be a drinker for a few hours longer than I hoped. I'm not gonna chuck perfectly good wine down the drain.

I know it's so backwards, but I don't know how this is gonna go, and a glass of Cabernet may actually end up saving my life.

So weird.

Anyways thanks for the support everyone! I'll update shortly.