View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 03:20 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

SG- Yep- I will be here. Your true self has not given up- the is for me- my spark of life. What that means, where it will take me- how I get there I am not entirely sure. I do know something is worth the fight. The true me- the true you. The decision not to drink is carried into action. Be us Einstein or a mental rock- the simple concept is not to drink alcohol. For me the simplicity of that is so very hard- because I make it hard. I argue, fight, kick, scream, challenge, shout, blame and avoid. It all stems from that. I am here, you are here- we are all on this crap road together. In that there is strength, the warped absurdity of the disease is the wisdom of that simple idea not to drink. From this- so much more is possible.
Keep to your plan and not drink anymore. Having brains can be your enemy. Keep is simple. Share, see a doctor- even if you think you know it all. Write in simple block letters- even though you have Nobel thoughts. Keep posting- get f-f everyday support through AA or whatever. Good on you, good on us.
Prayers to you (and me). PJ.