View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 02:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
wingsfree

Originally Posted by carlsson
life has thrown me plenty of surprise. this one is harder than it seems. odd how a few beers with friends in the beginning can lead to such distruction. i found a few places i hope there's people within my age group.
Life will throw you plently more surprises the longer you continue to drink, sad to say, it could end up ruining your life, it's just not worth, the work in getting sober and staying sober is worth all the effort it takes. Yep a few beer tends to do that to us....start out with good intentions of only having a couple, then something clicks in our heads, then we're off to the races, not thinking of anything other then ourselves and getting high.

:bravoI'm soooo happy you found a few places. You know what? even if there isn't anyone your age the night you go don't worry about it, they will be there another time, some will greet you make you comfortable, don't be afraid everyone there understands, you have your regulars that go, and that's a BONUS for you too, the old timers will teach you a lot, guide you.

Check out this thread, it's heartbreaking, real sad...this young man and woman's lives have been altered beyond belief..

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ad.php?t=68576

Ah you got me smiling here, :Terrific guess what? while your helping yourself it might just help others that you know, they will see a difference in you, a happier person, and want to join you, never know eh? Life's short let me tell you...enjoy your youth.