View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Noolan

Hey guys, I hope you're all doing well! Today marks one year drug and alcohol free. I decided to come out of the sober closet and shared this on instagram and facebook. I am honestly blow away by the support and kind messages I have received. Thank you all for posting and helping over the course of the last year!

The social stigma of being a drug addict and alcoholic used to scare the hell out of me. Anonymity was vital for me early on, but anyone who's been close to me the last few years knows I've been in and out of sobriety. My journey started a couple years ago when I began seeing a therapist for depression, anxiety, and for a general dissatisfaction with life. Along the way, I encountered suicidal feelings, a myriad of relapses, and lots of ups and downs. The worse of it came in the winter of 2015; I reached a point where I was starting everyday with a handful of pills and chasing them down with bourbon. Weekends included more drugs just to feel anything at all. Thankfully, on this day last year I had my last drink or drug and entered in patient treatment. I would like to thank my family, friends, and others in recovery that have supported me. Without all of you, this year sober would not have been possible.