View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 01:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

I've met a few people who have had this issue who are addicts or recovering addicts. Smoking also affects bone health. And many people smoke when they drink. It's all about bone health and how alcohol consumption can interfere with the body being able to get healthy nutrients to the bones; can interfere with the absorption of nutrients, can interfere with the appetite; can affect balance and lead to falls. So there are few things going on there. If you are not getting enough calcium in your system, for example, your body can start leaching calcium from your bones, leading to bone loss. I think we sometimes take bone health for granted with a mentality that a bone is just a bone and is there and is a hard structure that we don't have to worry about. We forget that we need to treat our bones good just like we need to treat any other organ in our body good.

I think about all the gazillion dollars that are spent on hair and skin. But what about the bones?

Nutrition and exercise are so important as well as managing STRESS !! Is it possible that people who over imbibe do so because of stress, and stress affects our health including our bone health. Just my thoughts....Interesting topic!!