View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LiLL

What to do when husband relapses?

I feel so afraid, I feel like leaving right away, but isn't that very unsupportive?

My husband, for the first time, made it for almost three months (He has been heavily drinking for two years and was never able to stay sober for more than a week, until about three months ago) ...

But today, he started drinking again. All those terrible feelings have come back. Three months ago I felt so desparate and afraid I that left, and he stopped drinking, and I came back to him.

I feel so afraid once more, because he could become violent when he drinks. During his sobriety he was feeling so great and so thankful that he had stopped drinking... but does that mean anything at all?

It's like he really had made up his mind to stop drinking. But now that he has started again, does it mean the nightmare has to start all over again? Should I go right away? I don't want to go through it all over again. But what if it is just a slip and he actually needed my support?

Can you tell me how you deal with relapses of your loved ones? Please shed some light for me. A million million thanks....