View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
14Sierra

Thank everyone for your great responses, I really appreciate it . That' actually more than I expected! It's good to hear from others who understand what I'm talking about. I think the best thing for me to hear is that things can get better! I know it's only been 2 months but it feels like it's been 2 years and every day is going SO SLOW.

About the exercise, I have been doing a 5 day a week routine of lifting weights and cardio for the past month. That's actually what seems to give me some relief from the brain fog, it seems like everything clears up a bit for the rest of the day.

Also, playing guitar seems to clear things up but for the most part this week it feels like I'm still half asleep. I do remember that period of time (last week) when the fogginess subsided, it did feel like my mind was in overdrive (in a good way).

As for the physical appearance, I think I might be using it as a gauge of my progress and I began obsessing on it. It looks like I have 2 black eyes from bar fights, but only when I turn my head a certain way.

I guess the best way to describe it is the skin under my eyes has sunken down a bit and are casting shadows. Hollow Eyes, I think is what I've read it's called. I don't understand how I couldn't care less before and now it bothers me. I did lose weight over the past year, and am hoping by living an actual healthy lifestyle I can correct some of this damage.

Depression and Anxiety,
I've always had issues with both but the alcohol definitely made the anxiety go off the charts. It got so bad I wouldn't even leave the house or drive anywhere. I have been seeing a psychiatrist for years, but I never told him about the drinking. I know that is what lead to my nervous breakdown, but if that didn't happen I would have never quit.

I can say that since quitting the anxiety has gotten WAY better, almost gone actually.

Sorry for the long rant, just the first time I have ever talked to anybody about all this.