Old 01-10-2017, 09:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mb4u70

New to site - scared for my mom and sister

Hi all,

This is my first post. I have a younger sister who is a crystal meth addict. She's been out of jail for 5 years, seemed to be doing well (to me anyway) then has clearly spiralled downward about 6 months ago.

She was in an in-patient recovery program, doing well, but then was kicked out for dropping a dirty UA. She moved back in with my mom, who feels guilty and continues to try to help her, even when she is treating my mom abysmally.

I say I'm worried bout my mom but i don't know how much more she can take - my sister is great when clean but awful to be around when not, and a bully - and mom takes it. Everything is mom's fault according to my sister. Mom is not young and I live three hours away and I am scared to death for her health now.

There is a warrant out for my sister's arrest. Mom actually got to the point where she considered calling her in but couldn't do it this morning; I tried to talk to my sister to see if I could line up /help fund treatment possiblities for her if she was interested, but instead I succeeded in giving my sister another reason to yell at mom, who's already been through the ringer today.

I am so angry at my sister right now and also terrified that something will happen to mom from all the stress, b/c she is heartbroken and feels trapped and I feel like me and my other two siblings haven't done enough to protect them.

i am so angry and afraid for my sister (but mostly angry right now) that I am considering calling her in, to protect my mom (and make me the bad guy instead of her) but also to force my sister into addressing her problems b/c she's not, she just seems to spiralling further down and blaming everyone but not taking any accountability for her actions or inactions.

I feel like a pretty big evil-witch older sister right now but I can't stand seeing my mom hurt like this and my sister continues to make bad choices and not show a lot of remorse or care for those she's hurting. Help.