View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 08:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
14Sierra

Self Confidence and Motivation?

Hey Y'all,
So basically my question is about self confidence and motivation, and the improvement of them both as time goes on being sober. A quick background, I've been drinking since I was 21 and am in my early 30's now, the last 2 years I drank every night and it wasn't till I had a full blown anxiety attack that I scared myself into realizing how much damage I was doing.

So I decided to quit, for me. Now I'm on day 60, the first month was hell and I'm not gonna lie I barely remember it. These holidays were the hardest but, I stayed sober.

So now I'm trying to put my life back together and the 2 things that are killing me are my self confidence and lack of motivation some days.

Physically, I have these "sunken, half circles" under my eyes that I cant get to go away. It's really bothering me because every morning when I look in the mirror it reminds me of all the wrong choices I've made. I guess that's whats killing my self confidence.. Are these permanent? Any idea what this is?

Mentally, I've had a lot of mental fog, although there was a stretch of a couple of days last week where I felt really sharp and I was able to concentrate, got a ton of things done, my memory was great. But now it's kind of slowed back down again. This I believe is what feels to me like a lack of motivation. It's like a brain fog, I've read that mental clarity does improve, has anyone else experienced this? I feel like the past week has been a waste because I haven't gotten as much accomplished as I would like to have.

I've always been a very driven person, I'm very hard on myself and it kills me to look back and see how much time I've wasted and what I could have done if I wasn't drinking. Some days I just get so mad at myself for what I've done, but I do take responsibility for it.

Anyways,
Thanks for listening pleased to meet y'all